Slow when logging in webmail

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
NEOBOY

Slow when logging in webmail

Post by NEOBOY »

I don't really know if anyone going through this but I was wondering why when a user has more than 1,000 emails in their inbox...they have a hard time accessing the webmail. (Outlook is perfect!) What I mean is that when they put in their username and password and it would take it's time loading more than 1 minute to show any sign that it's opening emails. (Sometime it doesn't load at all. It just keep trying to load.)

However, if I were to access an account that has about 50 emails or less, it loads okay.

Questions? Thank you in advance! :D

* please note that I am on a T1 connection and the mail server has about 250 email accounts.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Hi,
Is logging into the account slow on several webmail clients or just on the one? It could be made slower with some AV programs running residently on the client.

If this is happening across several clients I suggest you log a call through the support online form, we have some advanced logging features that could help on this issue and a demo account that has problems will help as we have not had any reported problems on this.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

NEOBOY

Post by NEOBOY »

It's only on email accounts that our client who would complain when they have over 1000 emails.

Just a question, does the webmail have to be in frame? Because there are somee people who still have 800X600 screen resolution and have been complaining that they can't see the message when clicked on.

Post by Guest »

The display window will open up outside of the focus screen if a message is clicked on by title this can be changed by clicking and sliding the top of a display message window up this will mean that the user can view less message titles at once but can make the message display or view better. If it is a major problem for many users then you could reduce the amount of viewable emails in the Webmail properties this will also help the people with lower res.

However on that note if the message is opened in a new window by clicking on the open icon, then the message should be able to be viewed without any hindrance and when I checked just now the message opened up in the centre of my screen after opening message in new screen with res of 6x8.