problem with webmail

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
prismasoft

problem with webmail

Post by prismasoft » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:54 pm

when i going to compose a message and click on edit to insert the email address of a client by the list in the window dont't see the list of my address book but the message :

Session Timed Out

The session has timed out.

Please click HERE to resume your session.

this only in one account. what i doing ?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:23 am

Hi,

In regards to your problems with the (Edit) buttons not working correctly and displaying session timeout in the compose window, have you changed the URL redirection for how webmail is accessed? Can you please provide a test account for webmail so we can login and inspect the problem.

regards,

prismasoft

problem with edit button

Post by prismasoft » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:28 pm

i have not change nothing, this problem is only on one account of okpro.it's postoffice in other postoffice is all ok and is ok also on other accounts of okpro.it, only account info is wrong.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm

The session timeout may occur if you are not using /mewebmail at the end of the url when attempting to access web mail.

More technically: The IIS session state can fill in and out of scope accross IIS applications if you attempt to modify the virtual directories set up by MailEnable or indeed create your own virtual directories and point them to the MailEnable BIN/Webmail directory etc.

Basically, when you click on the edit button, it will attempt to open up the address book in a new session (hence the error).
Regards, Andrew