Webmail can't remove drafts after upgrade to 1.6

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
labsy

Post by labsy » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:36 pm

I have the same simptoms here.

One additional thing that I noticed is one event of INFO type, which was recorded before or after those ERRORS (53) occured. Like the other cases, all messages, reported as "cannot delete" were actually deleted from /Drafts folder.
The event, which was recorded, was:
The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application MEWebMail: Thread ID: 2404 ,Logged: MailEnable - Download error (-2147467259):006~ASP 0251~Response Buffer Limit Exceeded~Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its configured limit.:C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\postoffices\domain.com\MAILROOT\user\Inbox\3C328608F08F4CBE844EEB33A0D35ED8.MAI
This means, that ME is trying to delete file, which does not exist and thus probably exceeds execution time limit.

Now, I did some tests:

ERROR(53) could not delete files
is only produced when you click DELETE ALL button in WebMail under ANY folder! If you delete messages one-by-one, or if you move them to Deleted folder, this error does not occur.

To help identify problem, I logged events with FileMon.
There are some NOT FOUND errors, but they occur regulary, so I disregarded them.
One additional error, which was recorded ONLY when ERROR(53) event was recorded, was this cannot open token:
2453 20:49:15 dllhost.exe:2568 DIRECTORY C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\postoffices\domain.com\MAILROOT\username\Drafts\ NO SUCH FILE FileBothDirectoryInformation: _*.MAI
2454 20:49:15 dllhost.exe:2568 DIRECTORY C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\postoffices\domain.com\MAILROOT\username\Drafts\ NO SUCH FILE FileBothDirectoryInformation: _*.MAID
Also, the same ERROR(53) error event is recorded when I compose new message and send it. Just by pressing SEND buton, ERROR(53) event is recorded, saying:
The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application MEWebMail: Thread ID: 2404 ,Logged: MailEnable Webmail could not delete file (error 53):C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\postoffices\domain.com\MAILROOT\username\Drafts\B8704746507642D6B1C947205FEC1C76.MAI
Why in folder /Drafts if I was NOT in /Drafts folder - I was in /Inbox folder, creating and sendng NEW message?!

nathand

Post by nathand » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:21 pm

Any resolution?
I'm having the same problem.

kdehl113

Post by kdehl113 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:05 pm

Same problem, started noticing this after I upgraded to 1.6. Version 2 better be fantastic.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:31 pm

This problem is most likely caused by permissions. Specifically, the IME_ADMIN user needs full control of the postoffice folder and all children.

You should run this form the command prompt to make sure premissions are effective:

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Postoffices" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F

If you want to try it for just the postoffice concerned, you can also do this:

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Postoffices\[Postoffice]" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F
Regards, Andrew

labsy

Post by labsy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:29 pm

MailEnable wrote:This problem is most likely caused by permissions. Specifically, the IME_ADMIN user needs full control of the postoffice folder and all children.

You should run this form the command prompt to make sure premissions are effective:

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Postoffices" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F

If you want to try it for just the postoffice concerned, you can also do this:

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Postoffices\[Postoffice]" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F
I did run this command, and I also double-checked permissions for particular postoffice. Everything is fine, except for the fact, that ME tries to delete non-existing message.

I guess, it might be the error in these cases:
- user checks mail via WebMail, then gets mail with mail client, and after that tries to delete message in Webmail, bit message is not there anymore
- when sending mail out, there must be some function which tries to delete message, either like deleting TEMP message, or for sole purpose like moving message to another folder, like moving it to SENT mail folder

All those Events mention non-existing messages.