webmail authentication after upgrade to 1.6

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Post Reply
pmacor
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:47 pm

webmail authentication after upgrade to 1.6

Post by pmacor » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:53 am

I have update a server from 1.54 to 1.6
The machine was configured to have prog, queues and configuration installed on a disk partition (C: ) and mailboxes' data on a second partition (D: ).
When I ran the installer, it asked me where program was (c:\... was my answer) and where was data (d:\...).
After update I had only one domain out of the about 10 installed: the first domain I installed (maybe I did it before separate data from program).
So I went to ME mmc and I right clicked MessagingManager -> propertis to see what was wrong with folders configuration. It belived configuration was in D:\Programmi\Mail Enable\Config, when it was in C:\....
I changed this, I restarted services and domains and mailboxes reappeared. But I was called from a customer who couldn't login into webmail.
Just to quickly repair the situation I copied the config folder from c: to d: and everything went right.

Now, what should I do?
Should I rise a ticket?
Should I rechange to point config files to d: ?
please help
paolo

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin
Posts: 9227
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:44 pm

Hi,

Best thing to do here is to raise a suppport ticket with Mailenable, explaining the issue in detail and attaching any relevant information needed to diagnose the problem.
You can raise a ticket from this location:
https://www.mailenable.com/support/step1.asp

regards,

mammdo
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:21 pm
Location: México

Post by mammdo » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:37 am

I got the same problem and do the same fix copy config folder from c to d and exactly everything are ok.

I changed the Config folder to point to D to prevent future errors

Post Reply