Webmail interface with MailEnable

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
kleinicus

Webmail interface with MailEnable

Post by kleinicus » Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:53 pm

I would like to get some recommendations on a good webmail interface to use with MailEnable. We are wanting to implement a system in which a user could access his e-mail from any computer in the company via the server hosting the webmail interface. Are there pre-made webmail client/server programs available, or does our organization have to come up with its own interface from scratch?

dalgaard

Post by dalgaard » Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:58 pm

if you install the prof edition it comes with a web interface

Web based e-mail clients

Post by guest » Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:13 am

I asked myself the exact same question just a couple of months ago.

If you have the extra $175, I would highly suggest buying the Professional version of Mail Enable.

If you don't then they have a free web based e-mail client called UebiMiau. It is the most professional FREE web client that I have seen to date.

What is it?
It's a POP3 web based e-mail client that runs on PHP.

I tried it in conjunction with Mail Enable and found it to work well.

If you want a demo, you can go here.

http://www.uebimiau.sili.com.br/demo/

Once you have your e-mail server setup, you install the UebiMiau package on your web server. Because it is written in PHP (The free version of ASP--But based off of C/C++) you will need to install PHP (which is also free) on top of your webserver. PHP will work on all the major webservers: Apache, MS IIS,...

I hope this helps.
Seth

IronMike

Post by IronMike » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:55 pm

thanks. i try it as soon.

IronMike

Post by IronMike » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:27 pm

how i can configure it using Mailenable standard? i have a problem when i want to send a mail. there is an error. wich parameter i must change for a correct function of program?