duplicate emails

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
wembley2000

duplicate emails

Post by wembley2000 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:47 pm

Hi Folks

I have a strange problem with Mailenable Pro 1.6, simply this.

The main issue is that I have clients who need to use both webmail and POP3 accounts; in doing so, the clients, when logging into webmail are receiving duplicate messages in the messages list. one states 'no message selected' and the other is visible. After which when the client logs into POP3 they receive two copies of the same email.

This has only appeared to be happening since 1.6 install, prior to this it appeared to work OK'ish. I have ried both uninstalling webmail and reinstalling and restarting all services + server itself.

Can anyone help me and tell me what is going wrong?

Regards

wembley2000

ME Pro 1.6 webmail HELP!

Post by wembley2000 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:13 am

The process I have been able to determine the problem is, when I check my mail using POP without using webmail, the system works fine and I only get a single copy of the email.

If I check the same emails using webmail, the initial selected email displayes 'no email selected' within the preview window; if I open the email within another browser window, it tells me the email has been deleted. However when I return to the inbox and view a list of emails, it now displays duplicate emails; one which has been viewed and one which hasn't. one of the emails continues to display the 'no message selected' text and the other actually displays the email contents as it should do.

When I return to the PC with which I use POP and send/receive I now have duplicate emails in my inbox.

Can someone please help in resolving the issue? I am using ME 1.6 Pro edition.

With concerning regards

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:10 pm

It sounds like the permissions to the store are not correct. Specifically that IME_ADMIN does not have full control over the postoffices directory.

You should use the CACLs command to reset the permissions.

Example (from command prompt):

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Postoffices" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F
Regards, Andrew

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:44 pm

Thank you very much for your help, it works fine now.

However what other permission settings for other ME directories do I need to set? This may solve other future issues; I have actually changed the ME data drive/drivectory to an alternative so that if I need to do a system restore personal data is not affected.

With best wishes and thanks

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:20 am

Regards, Andrew