The bad mail sender email address needs to be one that has..

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
ELeblanc

The bad mail sender email address needs to be one that has..

Post by ELeblanc » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:01 am

When i want to access smtp connector properties i receive the following error

The bad mail sender email address needs to be one that has been configured under mailenable

Seems like this error is related with "Specify the email address when sending notifications. This address should be a local address"

I want to use my@domaine.com but unfortunatly this domain is not hosted on that box.

I tried to type in a customer email and the error goes away. But obviously i don't want those notification sent to that domaine.!

Server name is server2.domaine.com so i try to create one post office server2.domaine.com and within that post office a mailbox postmaster@server2.domaine.com. But no luck with that.

What should i do to fix this?

Thanks

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:47 am

Hi,
The answer is the mailbox does have to be a local account, this is the address MailEnable will send notifications from. If you want to create a new post office to make a valid address for this sender you will have to enter the domain also.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

dynaweb

Post by dynaweb » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:04 am

I have this same problem, but it will not accept ANY address, even local. This is critical because I cannot edit any of the SMTP config. It simply will not allow me to open any other tabs. HELP!

dynaweb

Post by dynaweb » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:28 am

Oh crap, I re-installed ME and it recommended for those re-installing to not retain config data. So I chose that and it DELETED ALL MAILBOXES! OMG please someone help tell me how I can fix this.

-------------------------

Update:
OK, I see the ME was good to make the backup in BOTH the Backup dir and as .BAK files in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin
I just renamed the .TAB files to .TAB.baknew and renamed the .TAB.bak files to .TAB
Now the domains show up in the MMC. I prolly can take it from here.

P.S. - Sorry for the thread hijack, it started out as very much on topic then changed.

bw171

Still having problems

Post by bw171 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:19 pm

Ok, I tried to create a postoffice with my DNS registered name, and then use the subsequent postmaster@dnsname.com and it still would not allow me to use the other tabs. I have not reinstalled MailEnable yet.

Is that the only solution left?

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:31 pm

dynaweb - MailEnable never recommends that you do not retain all current configuration settings. I have never seen or heard of this in our thousands or possibly hundreds of thousands of installations.

bw171 - The address needs to be an address that is on the server, make sure you have got a domain configured in the Post Office otherwise the address will not exist.

The postmaster@domainname.com is usually the best one to use and it has to be entered in the SMTP properties TAB for the "Specify Address for sending notifications" field. If you are using Plesk then the Postmaster address is not created, I believe Plesk create a mailbox name admin@domain.com

If you are still having problems after this then submit a support call via the MailEnable web site as we would need to see this further to work out where you are going wrong.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.