Internet Explorer Script Error

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
drkl

Post by drkl »

When I attempt to run the MMC, I receive the following error:

line: 55
Char: 4
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0
URL: res://c:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe/reload.htm

1. I try MEInstaller.exe but still got error.
2. Then try MMC to add Snap-in also doesn't work.
3. I re-install Mailenable Pro 1.6 and same error still exist.

Please advise to solve the problem.

Thank you.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Have you tried following this KB article: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020205

regards,
Ian Margarone
Mailenable Support.

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 »

Hi

I am also geting the same problem. I have followed the KB steps as per he instructions.

I have only had this problem since I updated my 2003 server (web edition) to SP1 and 17 subsequent security updates.

Another issue I have had is that the WWW services changed te defaultapps from local system to Network service; this knocked out all web based services and I got the error service unavailable.

The problem with the MMC does not appear to affect the ME Messaging Manager tab but some other MMC tabs such as web service extensions as well.

Can anyone help me in sorting this problem out?

Regards

sdewitt

Any fix on this

Post by sdewitt »

Mine has been doing it for a little over a month too. Same line number. Last night I upgraded to 1.1 enterprise and thought it might correct the problem but it did not.

Any ideas?

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 »

I don't tink this is drectly an ME problem, I think it was a security update for Windows over and above SP1. I also have the Enterprise edition and have had to setup ime_user and _admin for webmail in the launch and activation tab as described on the ME KB.

I now have webmail working fine but this damn MMC is giving me a bit of a problem.

Could it have something to do with running scripts on the server, could these have been restricted?

However i've not solved it yet, will keep checking the MS KB as well to see if there is a fix there.

Regards

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

We have not seen this particular error, however if the KB article did not help you may want to try and rebuild the .MSC file that loads Mailenable to see if it fixes the issue.

The following KB article explains the procedure involved:
http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020274

regards,
Ian Margarone
Mailenable Support.

drkl

Post by drkl »

I have tried MEinstaller.exe and Rebuild MMC using Add snap-in but still not working.

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 »

sorry to say, this didn't work, had already tried that one. What about VB no script appears to be working e.g. post office mailbox main page. All except file/folder views give me problems.

Can anyone suggest what could be going on?

Regards

Wembley2000

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

I had the same problem and reinstalled Explorer (www.microsoft.com/ie) and it cleared it up.

Jon

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 »

tried that one, but the IEsetup will not run because a version exists on the machine. This I cannot uninstall because it does not belong to the add/remove programs either as a windows component or standard app.

If anyone knows the answer yet again let me know; if possible I do not want to rebuild the server, but if necessary what will be will be.

LOL

Regards

PS: thanks for suggesting that one

martyn

IE install worked

Post by martyn »

IE install does work, when I tried to load it again it doesnt allow you to install it but has a second option of repair when I hit the IE6 exe file. i did the repair rebooted and this fixed the java script error in the MMC. THe machine had some updates the other day and it was after this that the error started appearing.

Thanks again this fixed it for me.

:lol:

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 »

I downloaded the IEsetup.exe and when I ran the thing it didn't have the option to repair; it just simply told me that a previous version had been installed and it then exited.

Is there a swich i can use to force the thing to install?

Regards

sdewitt

Post by sdewitt »

Mine did the smae thing as you. Windows Server 2003?

sdewitt

Post by sdewitt »

I just spent a hour trying to fix and nothing same thing. :cry:

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 »

Well,

I think i'm resigned to the fact that I might as well rebuild the PC and wipe the damn thing.

I've now wasted not only an hour but the last 2 days either trying to fix the problem or research on the net, which by the way although I have found some useful tips, generally has been fruitless.

:(
Regards