Reinstalling Mail enable Pro

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
mattransfer

Reinstalling Mail enable Pro

Post by mattransfer »

I was reloading mail enable on a new server, i did not have a lot of users, so i just copied the user folder from programfiles\mail\enable\etc... Upon reinstallation i recreated the users then pasted the old user data folders back in, now when i log into there mail box via webmail, it shows blank messages that are the same size as what they had in there on the previous installation, but no inbox folder or other folders, and i am unable to read/open these messages now. is there a way i can restore this mailbox back to the back up copy of it i had with its messages in it?

thanks for any and all help

kdehl113

Post by kdehl113 »

use the mebackup.exe utility to backup the old server then restore to the new server.

tomppa

Use the ME020073 How do I copy or migrate ...

Post by tomppa »

This one worked OK for me.

BR Tom

ME020073 - HOWTO: How do I copy or migrate my MailEnable configuration and data from one server to another?
SUMMARY
This article describes how to copy or migrate a MailEnable installation from one machine to another. MailEnable Standard and Professional Editions store the majority of their configuration in flat files.
DETAIL
The procedure simply involves copying directories from one server to another. If you are migrating an Enterprise installation, and are using a database for configuration storage, you can either use the provider migration tool to convert back to using the flat files, or do a backup/restore of the database on the new server using the database documentation.

1. Ensure that the appropriate version of MailEnable is installed on the target server.
2. Stop all MailEnable Services on the Source Server
3. Stop all MailEnable Services on the Destination Server
4. Copy the following directories and subdirectories from your source server to the destination server:

C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Config (Mandatory - Contains Configuration Information)
C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Postoffices (Mandatory - Contains Postoffices and Messages)
C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Bad Mail (Optional - Contains Bad Mail Messages)
C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Logging (Optional - Contains your Log files)
C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues (Optional - Contains Messages Queued for delivery)
Note: If you have specified an alternate data directory in the installation of MailEnable, you should copy the respective directories from this location)
4.1. Enter each of the below commands from the windows command prompt;
CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Config" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F
CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F
CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Postoffices" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F
5. Start all Services on the Target Server
6. Change any DNS MX entries to point to your new server
7. Start only the SMTP Connector service on the Source server
8. Periodically copy the contents of the Queues directory from your Source server to your Target server.

eg: C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues (Optional - Contains Messages Queued for delivery)

Note: The last two steps of this process are optional, as they effectively allow you to capture mail while your DNS is transitioned.
REFERENCES
How can I migrate to MailEnable from Microsoft Exchange
Article ME020340