Webmail dies after 1.7 upgrade...

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Post Reply
winter
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:46 pm

Webmail dies after 1.7 upgrade...

Post by winter » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:44 pm

I just upgraded from version 1.6 to 1.7 and now my web mail is dead. This is true whether I try to access it from the local host (the server itself) or from the web. I get this message...

"Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance."


Has anyone else run in to this? Any ideas of what I can do? Sigh...

Thanks,
Winter

MrByte
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:33 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by MrByte » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:20 am

looks like a permission error...
but, what does the Please refer to the event log for more detail information part of the message yield when you look for it?
.MrByte

winter
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:46 pm

Post by winter » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:31 am

Sorry...guess the error message might be helpful...



The server failed to load application '/LM/w3svc/1/ROOT/MEAdmin'. The error was '8007053d'.


Thanks again for looking at this. It seems like I had this happen once before a long time ago, and MailEnable support had me run so install process again to fix it. But I have tried everything I can think of.
Winter

kdehl113
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:12 pm

Post by kdehl113 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:40 am


winter
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:46 pm

Post by winter » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. The Microsoft link seems to be exactly what my problem is. Unfortunately when I try their suggestions, it does not work. I rolled it back to version 1.6 and it works again. I tried upgrading once more and the same thing happened. I'm too tired to think about it...I need sleep. I will tackle it later.

Thank you again for your help.
Winter

michaely
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:56 pm

Post by michaely » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:35 pm

I had this same problem and fixed it with the following procedure:

1. To to be safe, backup the IIS metabase by right-clicking on the servername in IIS and select backup/restore

2. Delete the MEWebMail virtual directory and the MEAdmin virtual directory

3. Create a new virtual directory calling it "MEWebMail" and point it to "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\BIN\WebMail". Set the permissions to Read and Script.

4. Repeat for "MEAdmin" pointing to "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\BIN\WebMail"

5. Though it's not required, restart IIS.

I hope this helps!

Michael

winter
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:46 pm

Post by winter » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:56 pm

Thank you Michael! That was just the thing I needed.
Winter

cnstim
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:40 am

Post by cnstim » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:40 am

I had the same happen to me.
By trial and error, this is how i fixed it for my installation. Hope it helps

After installing 1.7
open mailenable mmc
go to - mailenable management\servers\localhost\services
right click "webmail" and select "properties"
towards the bottom of the properties pages click on "configure"
In the configure page, i simply removed webmail, then installed it straight back to the same place.
I then did the old reboot, and all was good for webmail.


Hope this helps :lol:

Post Reply