WebMail Inbox Issue

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
nonaspgeek

WebMail Inbox Issue

Post by nonaspgeek »

I am new to working with mailenable and have a new set-up. When I go to the WebMail page to view my message, I see a list of 5 messages. However, when I go to read them nothing happens.?? I have gone online to see the 'demo' version of Webmail and can see the messages from there.

Is there a configuration someplace within MailEnable that I need to change in order to read emails? Is there something else I am missing in order to read emails? Otherwise, this seems to be rather useless if I can't read the emails.

Thank you.

postpub

WebMail Inbox Issue

Post by postpub »

I have the same issue. When, I select a message nothing appears in the box below. Then, I click on the envelope by check box and click check mail and a copy of the message is created that I can read. Also, get a funny pop-up that message was deleted or something.

Anyone help with this? I am using default skin and settings for ME Pro.

GM

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

This sounds like the IME_ADMIN account does not have the correct permissions to access the message store.

To set the correct permissions for the message store you should use the CACLS command (from the command prompt):

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Postoffices" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F
Regards, Andrew

postpub

It worked

Post by postpub »

Thanks! Yes, I moved the MailEnable data to another drive and the permissions needed to be reset.

GM