forwarding AFTER messages have been received

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
bozak

forwarding AFTER messages have been received

Post by bozak » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:59 pm

Hello,

I searched the forums for this post, but couldn't find an answer. If someone has answered this, please point me to the post.

I need to forward all the messages in an inbox, (which have already been received), to a mail address outside ME.

ie user@domain.com has 100 messages, which they want forwarded to their aol account. I notice that one can forward 1 message at a time from the mailbox - > messages tab. Is it possible to make ME, forward everything already sitting in an inbox?

Thank you very much.

icuknet

Post by icuknet » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:34 pm

Dunno if it can be done via ME directly, but if you download something like The Bat! from www.ritlabs.com, you can download the mail and redirect them all to the recipient and they keep the original message header and from fields in place.

Leslie
www.icuknet.co.uk

bozak

thanks

Post by bozak » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:01 pm

Thank you for that tip. I will look into those tools.

It seems that the forwarding in ME, happens every few minutes (or some time period). I went on to the server, and through ME admin, copied and pasted the messages into another inbox, and a short while later, the messages were delivered.

paarlberg

Post by paarlberg » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:38 pm

I remember seeing the option to forward mail in the user properties and it will do all the mail.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:28 pm

Correct Paarlberg the option is here;

ME Admin MMC->Messaging Manager->Post Offices->[Post Office Name]->Mailboxes->[MailBox Name Properties]->Messages TAB->[Forward All Email Button]
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

bozak

forward ALL button not available

Post by bozak » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:40 pm

I don't see this button:

perhaps this option is only in ME Pro.

I see a Forward Mail, which looks as if I'd need to select each message one by one to forward them, (not an option with 600 +) messages
Ctrl - A doesn't select all the messages.
So I'd have to select and then enter the from address, and the two address for EACH message? that is totally stupid.

I had copied the mail via windows to another ME inbox folder, and it worked as a test. (that is, about 30 minutes later, I was sent all messages)
I was excited, not sure how it worked, but I thought it was good.

When I tried this again, for real, it failed to transfer, after multiple hours.
So, ME staff, how does forwarding actually work?

does it run every 30 minutes? is there a random number generator that decides whether or not an event happens?
How would it be, that it mocing messages worked once, but not again?

It would be nice to be able to trigger forwarding, AFTER the messages were already in the inbox.

Or it would be nice to know how ME forwarding works, or when it runs, which "script" affects it's actions so on.

More over, I'd just like it if my users weren''t so f**** retarded.
"gee we haven't been getting mail for 2 months, and it just now occured to us, that our forwarding that we wanted, we didn' tell you. Can you waste half a day playing with your mail server for us?"

thanks for any explanation or thorough docs indicating in which order forwarding works (or doesn't as was the case here)

bozak

duhhhhhhhhh

Post by bozak » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:53 pm

in ME standard,
this button is just called "forward email"

and it does not require that you select all the messages.

I was just being a wanker.

okay .. so I have my forwarding issue resolved.

onto the lovely world of spam.

thank you ME staff (and ME ben) for helping a brother out.

ME > retarded users
\however

SPAM > ME