Professional 2.0?

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Rooey123

Professional 2.0?

Post by Rooey123 »

When does this launch?

Rooey123

Post by Rooey123 »

Anyone? Bueller? Klingon language pack?

crnunez

This version have several bugs.

Post by crnunez »

Please view:

Bad Scrolling V2

What happened with Multilanguage?
http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=9382

.NET Framework
http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=9111

I'm waiting for the next release, for correct this bugs.
Regards,
Robert N.
Zona Hosting - Hosting y Servicios Profesionales en Internet.

netspaceads

Ver 2 is needed

Post by netspaceads »

We would appreciate some feedback on V2, the spam is really creating a problem on our server, can't afford enterprise but v2 with basian filtering would be great. ANY NEWS from HQ?

Anyone @ HQ know the upgrade cost from Pro 1.71

Rooey123

Post by Rooey123 »

Our company is fully at the effect of MailEnable's Filtering.

We need it to work, and it simply doesn't.

MTA pegging the server at 100%, Outbound Mails being filtered, I hope to everything that 2.0 solves these problems.

Additionally, the WebMail on Enterprise is SLOW, and HTML doesn't work. The number of bugs are unbearable.

PLEASE make 2.0 the best ever and address some of these concerns. I have complained about WebMail and Outbound Filtering / Whitelisting for OVER TWO YEARS. It's time to do it right.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Here is the feature list for version 2;

Features of Professional 2.0 include:

+ .Net web mail and web administration
+ Multi-lingual support & spell checker in web mail
+ NTLM support (Secure Password Authentication)
+ Scripted filtering
+ Auto-training Bayesian filtering
+ Store contact details against a Mailbox
+ Mailbox Contact Details can be published into the MailEnable Directory
+ New System Tray Application (METRAY.EXE) provides the ability to graphically monitor the status of MailEnable, including connectors and message routing
+ System Tray Application also shows system performance counters real time. Specifically, it allows you to review the number of messages caught by Bayesian Filtering, Reverse DNS Blacklisting etc.
+ New Web Mail Skin for “Default” web mail application (not yet published in Beta)

In regards to your comments the community forum is probably not the ideal place if you want answers and action on such things. As for the "number of bugs are unbearable" I am not finding any in regards to the HTML encoding in our issue register and certainly not finding any web mail bugs in quantities that would be any where near unbearable.

Filtering like I have stated in this forum before is a work in progress for the product and while our main aim is to ensure the mail server routines are the best I am sure spam will not be going away in the next short period.

If SPAM is a large issue for you nearly any SMTP mail filter proxies can be used with MailEnable so if you are having major issues then I suggest you try and purchase one of them. Remember this is a $220 dollar product to think that it is going to solve the worlds problems with spam would be a bit of a pipe dream but we will certainly be trying and will certainly be improving how our spam controls work :wink:

I did see in your posts over the last 10 months or so that you once used GFI what was the outcome of this, I am always interested to hear about third party products and have heard some positive outcomes in this forum? But I have also read some positive outcomes with our spam controls, I guess it is all relative.

We will certainly be endeavoring to ensure that version 2 will be worth the upgrade, I am sure however it will be a never ending battle against spam and variations of security exploits and message corruptions.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

pjean

Post by pjean »

nice reply but you didn't stated on lauching date...

about Bayesian, have you a full description of it?
I agree with you that it is a $200 product and it is very great for the price but
before buying an external appliance, I need to know what level of filtering v2 will offer

thanks
pierre

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Launching dates are never advisable in my line of work, but I can tell you that the product is in Beta testing and the word if all stays on track will be available in the next couple of months.

If you want to learn about Bayesian just do a web search there is plenty of information about the filtering process and algorithms for determining Spam out there.

Could very well be worth the wait for many people the version 2, but apart from the above additions filtering will pretty much stay the same. Much of the work after release will be in the recourse side of filtering and the reduction there of.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

pjean

Post by pjean »

Thanks for your reply
I thought the lauching was sooner and that you could give us a better estimation

About the Bayesian filtering, I did a lot of search and reading and it's why I wanted to know which approach you took TEFT TOE ... chained tokens... SBPH etc.

all the best
pierre

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Hi the Bayesian that we have implemented, is based on word tokenizing and storing good and bad buckets of each. We used a base model and then implemented quite a few of our own mods. (Not sure if I can reveal what we used as our base at present)
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

rockinthesixstring

Post by rockinthesixstring »

will there be an added cost to upgrade from pro 1.* to 2.0? i just purchased pro, but am very interested in bayesian filtering.
Chase
Server 2008 Standard (x64)
ME Ent 6.51 (SQL Server 2008 Config)
ASSP 1.9

Rooey123

Post by Rooey123 »

Ben,

Thanks for the reply.

I agree ME is a good product, beleive me, I own 5 copies of it on servers across the country.

The Webmail on Enterprise is the one that is rough, not so much Pro. Pro is basic, ugly, but works. Enterprise loads so incredibly slow.

The one thing that needs to be addressed for sure is a simple check box that says Do Not Filter Outbound Mail.

I believe this will solve a majority of the problems we have. When legit mail gets caught (that was sent by an Authenticated User, it looks very bad) Just get rid of that, and tighten up the filtering.

I will do a better job of submitting bugs to you, as I want this product to be the best it can be.

We all hope that 2.0 takes MailEnable to the next level of Mail Software. As a 3 year user, who has gone through all the ups & downs, I can't wait.

paarlberg

Post by paarlberg »

You should be able to set a filter to say if authenticated bypass further filtering. If you place that first (or near the top), then it should work.

drkl

Post by drkl »

Is quota notification and limit mail sending avail. in ver. 2?

rockinthesixstring

Post by rockinthesixstring »

rockinthesixstring wrote:will there be an added cost to upgrade from pro 1.* to 2.0?
What about the COST?
Chase
Server 2008 Standard (x64)
ME Ent 6.51 (SQL Server 2008 Config)
ASSP 1.9