Integration alongwith MTA !!!

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
honeydharam

Integration alongwith MTA !!!

Post by honeydharam »

Hello,

I need to develop an application in .Net which can possibly be fired when a email comes in - which would basically mean - that I need MTA integration !!!

What I intend to do is:

someone sends a mail to abc@domain.com / def@domain.com (catch all would be enabled) Now - as soon as the mail comes in - if abc is a valid ID in an external database - I would retrieve the message and store the mail in the database and trigger some basic events.

Any idea - whether I could use MailEnable to do MTA Integration and write some script so that can be called when a mail comes in !!!

How stable would que handling be in such a scenario !!!!

Regards,
Ani

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

This can be done very easy. Just write your code and call it via the MTA.

There is a entry on the property page where you can specify the program you and to call as each email passes through the MTA.

go123456

What about Outgoing Emails?

Post by go123456 »

MartynK wrote:This can be done very easy. Just write your code and call it via the MTA.

There is a entry on the property page where you can specify the program you and to call as each email passes through the MTA.
MartynK: what if i want to add my stamp to each email that my server sends.
i want to handle a list of email account that when they send an email, befor the smtp send it, i'll process it and add my stamp

johnd34

Post by johnd34 »

Put a hook in the MTA agent.

if you want to understand what is happening the most simple way is to disable and enable your SMTP and POP3 connections and then insert emails into the system so they sit in the MTA queue.

You will dfind there are two components, the first beign the control file and the second being the email.
Documentation in mailenable
John D
JD Projects

Developer of E-Mailing Systems
West of England
Check out our email service built on mailenable
www.proserviceemail.co.uk
www.jdprojects.co.uk
www.smarterweb.co.uk