ASP.Net API. Where to start ?

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
Nyco

ASP.Net API. Where to start ?

Post by Nyco »

Hello,

Something is not clear about the MailEnable .Net API and its documentation. Please help me answer the following questions ?

Which dll should be put in the "bin" folder of an ASP.Net application in order to access the Message Store API, or whatever API in order to build new Email related web functionnality within other applications ?

Which documentation fits to it ?

Do i need the "MEStore.dll" file ? if yes, where do i get it from ?

Do i need "NetWebmail.dll" or "MEWebmail.dll" ? if yes, where do i get them from ?

Are there any concrete code examples, like how to login to a mailbox, how to read message headers, how to add an appointment ?

Currently when i put the "MEWebAdmin.dll" inside the bin folder i get Intellisense that's different from the API Guide instructions available for download from the "Developers / Resources" page on mailenable.com.

Your product is good, but your documentation is not clear. So please tell me i won't be wasting time and money during the upcoming weeks trying to figure out how and where to start in order to add Email functionnality to our applications by using the MailEnable Server and API ?

Nicolas

mattblack

Re: ASP.Net API. Where to start ?

Post by mattblack »

Same question here... please can someone answer?

And yes the documentation is beyond crap!

I'm holding onto my $1,200 until ME show us how this works.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: ASP.Net API. Where to start ?

Post by MailEnable »

This page contains downloads for the store and administration assembly DLLs, documentation and samples:

http://www.mailenable.com/developerresources.asp.

To use the .NET API, you need to add the respective assembly as a reference to your application and distribute the assembly DLL in your applications bin directory.
Regards, Andrew