Wildcard multiple catch all accounts in ADDRESS-MAP.TAB

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
nvanesch

Wildcard multiple catch all accounts in ADDRESS-MAP.TAB

Post by nvanesch »

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/vi ... D=ME020067 indicates that you can customise the wildcard processing for catch all accounts on Mail Enable by editing the address-map.tab.
e.g. For example, to implement an address map that catches any messages addressed to [SMTP:info*@mailenable.com], it is imperative that this address map appears before a catch-all address map of [SMTP:*@mailenable.com].
However I am trying to add in a match for [SMTP:*.2@xyz.com] which appears above [SMTP:*@xyz.com]. in the file however it still picks up [SMTP:*@xyz.com]. after restarting all services and emailing fred.2@xyz.com.

Is it not possible to configure [SMTP:*.2@xyz.com] and only [SMTP:info*@xyz.com] and [SMTP:*@xyz.com]?

nvanesch

Re: Wildcard multiple catch all accounts in ADDRESS-MAP.TAB

Post by nvanesch »

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:30 AM
Subject: RE: [MEF]![#REQUEST:18965] Configuration-Wildcard multiple catch all accounts in ADDRESS-MAP.TAB

Hi,

The article that you are referring to is outdated and will be removed accordingly as using address wildcards is no longer supported within MailEnable.

Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Pty Ltd

mike@mc

Re: Wildcard multiple catch all accounts in ADDRESS-MAP.TAB

Post by mike@mc »

Sorry for digging up an old-thread -

I wanted to know if there is any alternative way to handle this requirement, through filters or something? I want to have all messages going to bounce*@mydomain.com to arrive in one mailbox.

Thanks,
Mike