MTA Pickup Event Deletes MAI before I can process

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
cocrc

MTA Pickup Event Deletes MAI before I can process

Post by cocrc »

I've created a VB console application that will monitor the MTA and look for an email sent by a particular user. It then modifies the "reply-to" address (long story) before the messages gets delivered to an outside recipient. For debugging purposes I'm writing to the windows application log. This tells me that my application is running on the pickup event and also that ME is passing the message info via command line arguments. What happens though is that ME appears to delete the message before my application can process it because I get a "file does not exist" error when I try to open the message. What am I missing here? The ME docs say that it "shells" to the application specified for the pickup event so I assume that it is a synchronous operation.

cocrc

SOLVED: MTA Pickup Event Deletes MAI before I can process

Post by cocrc »

We'll I figured out what I was doing wrong. I finally traced a message through ME and found it was arriving at Inbound not Outgoing. Once I changed that both the Console and Forms application worked in VB 2008. I 'think' the example had Outgoing and I got mixed up as to what I needed. Hope this will help someone else.

me1234

Re: MTA Pickup Event Deletes MAI before I can process

Post by me1234 »

THANKS

garsonharlan

Re: MTA Pickup Event Deletes MAI before I can process

Post by garsonharlan »

ok that great if you can figured out what happened there !

Garson Harlan
Los Angeles , USA
30 second smile | procera avh