Quarantine to SMTP\INBOUND

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
aahq

Quarantine to SMTP\INBOUND

Post by aahq »

Hello,

I am almost finished with an "Off Server" Quarantine Utility. I have managed to get the utility working very well when deleting with Quarantine Messages, but I am having a lot of trouble getting the software to behave the same as the Quarantine Utility in ME 7.5x when it "delivers".

I have put some file monitoring utilities and everything suggests that the message get's moved to the SMTP\INBOUND location where it is modified (I assume for date/time changes to refresh the message for current delivery).

I have looked at the API for this and it sort of helps but I am pretty sure I am missing something simple here. Does anyone know what changes have to occur to the files to get it accepted?

Thanks,

Scott

Brett Rowbotham

Re: Quarantine to SMTP\INBOUND

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

Have you added the header "X-MEFilter: 1" as that instructs the MTA to bypass the filters when reprocessing the file ?

Cheers,
Brett

aahq

Post by aahq »

Thanks Brett, that was one of the issues. There was also a "Status" that had to be changed as well by the looks of it. We have a remote, functioning Quarantine utility now. We will pass the code onto whoever wants it, but the utility can sort by " Spam Assasin score", sender, receiver, size etc. I think the most useful sort is the "Spam Assassin" score as the real mail usually just squeeks over the Spam score. Much Faster than the MMC Quarantine as well :P

Scott

aahq

Post by aahq »

Got the "Off Server" Quarantine Utility working. Anyone who wants it free, send an email to aahq@hotmail.com

Source code in VB is included.

Scott