Recipients get duplicate emails(only one sent)

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
XLOnet

Recipients get duplicate emails(only one sent)

Post by XLOnet »

We are using ASP.net and using System.Web.Mail namespace to send email from within our application. Every once in a while the recipients receive 2 or 3 copies of the same email. We are copying each email sent to a mailenable mail box and there are no duplicates in that mail box but the To: recipients receive multiple emails?

Anyone else have this problem?

BJ@intellectualfuel.com

mogulDev

Post by mogulDev »

I am running ME on my Windows 2003 server. I am receiving 2 - 3 copies of every virus notification. I contacted Mail Enable to report the problem... when they replied, I got it 3 times.

pursuit2000

Post by pursuit2000 »

I had a similar problem with attachments... The problem was that I had the Inbound Max Mail Delivery Time set to 0 hours which made it keep sending... That is in the properties of the MTA Manager... Once I set it to 1 everything was ok...

luptona

Post by luptona »

Where is this option. I don't show Max Mail Delivery Time anywhere... are you talking about the failed message retry interval?

luptona

Post by luptona »

Oops, never mind. I found it in the MTA props. Should've read your message a little closer.

pursuit2000

Post by pursuit2000 »

Servers --> Localhost --> Agents --> MTA

Right Click MTA, choose properties. The Inbound Max Delivery Time is the first option on that menu.

Hope that helps.

-JS

digitalslacker

same problem

Post by digitalslacker »

our time was set to 3 and we're still having this problem

Anyone?

Anyone Know more about this?

Post by Anyone? »

My MTA is set to 3, but we still get multiple dulpicates.

Did anyone find a fix?