MailEnable Web Services - Get 403 error after moving to SQL

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
manoman

MailEnable Web Services - Get 403 error after moving to SQL

Post by manoman »

This is what happened:

I installed MailEnable 10.x on a new server. My plan was to migrate an old ME server to this new server.
Before the migration, I started using web services on this new server and performed some tests. I setup an account
with SYSADMIN rights and it worked fine. I was able to create and check accounts etc.

I then migrated the accounts and configuration folders to the new server. All ME configuration was manually entered.
I also configured the new server to use SQL as storage, which is used on the old server. Same database. Everything worked great
and still do.

A few weeks later I continue developing the web services project. But now I only get 403 errors when I go to http://MEProtocols.localhost/webservices/Mailbox.asmx
and enter login information (SYSADMIN account is used). The only difference I can see is that I now use SQL database for account information.

I have restarted IIS. I have tried using different accounts. I also created new postoffices and accounts just to test this.

Where should I start looking?

manoman

Re: MailEnable Web Services - Get 403 error after moving to SQL

Post by manoman »

Got a reply from MailEnable about this. I am running 10.33 and they say this should be resolved in 10.34.
Anyone experienced this and upgraded to 10.34?