Setting delivery event for mailbox programattically

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
AcidRaZor

Post by AcidRaZor »

I have several users (hundreds to be a *bit* more accurate)

I would like to add a delivery event for all the mail boxes. rather than going through each via the Mail Enable Console, I was wondering if there were a programattic way of doing things.

Please help!

xicast

Post by xicast »

Did you ever get a response about this? I'm trying to do the exact same thing. Not only on existing accounts but to set the value on new mailboxes when they are created.

Any ideas?

someone_else

via automation, not API

Post by someone_else »

I don't think there is currently any API property for mailbox delivery events (I could be wrong, though, as the MailEnable API guide is quite outdated) so the process actually involves editing certain config files.You can create a script to automate it all, but it will have to do it the hard way (without much API help, that is)...
MailEnable plugins:
DKeyEvent - DomainKeys/DKIM
MESpamC - SpamAssassin integration

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

You can use the system option provider to do this, specifically, the MEAOSO object or the MEWebmail.Options class. The current api guide does not document this however (or at least the one on the web site)

Example:
set oFeatures = CreateObject("MEWebmail.Options")
ChangeResult = oFeatures.SetSystemOption(2,"YourPostoffice" & "/" & "YourMailbox","OptionName","OptionValue")

You can inspect the mailboxname.sys file under the config dir to get the names of the options. ie: configure one mbx how you would like and examine the values.
Regards, Andrew

xicast

Post by xicast »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

This worked really well! I am now able to enable a delivery event and set the path of the event dynamically when the account is created.

Works great, too!

Any chance the API documentation is going to be updated any time soon?

silencedmessage

Re: Setting delivery event for mailbox programattically

Post by silencedmessage »

Quite a few years later, and I'm currently looking for something like this. Any update on it?

silencedmessage

Re: Setting delivery event for mailbox programattically

Post by silencedmessage »

Several years later and I'm still hoping for this option. Any update? The API Docs have proven to be rather unreliable. :(