Tags/Flags/Labels in IMAP sync

For any other discussion relating to MailEnable.
zefrenchmen

Tags/Flags/Labels in IMAP sync

Post by zefrenchmen »

Hello all,
I am struggling with a problem that seems so trivial, I must not be doing something right...
We recently migrated to a new provider that uses Mailenable. It's been painful, but that's another subject... I use my IMAP account over 4 different machines as I used to and it works fine. What's new and annoying is that "tags" (or flags, or labels) aren't synced anymore. i.e. if I mark a message "Important" or "Later", as per the default tags in Thunderbird, it used to be those tags would show up on all clients. Now messages stay tagged on the machine I last used but do not sync to the others. From what I've read, this is a "IMAP keyword" function but that's all I can make of it. My sys admin doesn't seem to understand why a guy receiving 80-100 messages a day might want to use colorcoding :( and I guess he's not even looking into it.

I havent been able to find anything on here or on Google regarding this issue, yet this strikes me as an incredibly simple feature, one most IMAP users would rely on ? Is it just me ? Am I missing the obvious or is this thing just not working with Mailenable ??

Thanks for any input...

zefrenchmen

Re: Tags/Flags/Labels in IMAP sync

Post by zefrenchmen »

Mmmm... No one ? I'm trying to understand where the core of the problem is : am I asking for something so deprecated that no one really cares or is it that the choice of moving to MailEnable (from something that worked perfectly well) was a bad one ? The feature I speak of sounds so basic, I can't grasp how or why it would even be a concern...