Newbie Board Member - A Few Questions.

For any other discussion relating to MailEnable.
Goomba

Newbie Board Member - A Few Questions.

Post by Goomba »

Good day all, I have the following questions/issues.

1) I have webmail working find (6.5), however when using IE10, I create and email, can fill in all the appropriate fields, however I cannot enter any email body. Works fine with IE9, Firefox and Chrome. It's likely a setting that I have in IE10,
2) How does one use the "Auto Responder" for out of office? I have enabled it in the GUI, when I test it I get the AR message for the FIRST email from each recipient. Subsequent emails from the same recipient do not receive the AR message. I went over the KB, but don't think I should have to download an app to run in order to use this. Unless I am way out to lunch,
3) How to configure the Spam filtering. I have tried various combinations of DNS blacklisting etc, but for the most part, when I enable them, I get almost all of my emails blocked. I have many clients that use Yahoo, Gmail and the like and most of them get marked as spam.

Thanks for any/all pointers.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie Board Member - A Few Questions.

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Do you mean version 6.5 of MailEnable? This was released before IE10, so could have compatibility issues, and would never have been tested. It would be best to upgrade to the current version 8 of MailEnable, or at least the latest 6.x release at http://www.mailenable.com/downloadprevious.asp.

For autoresponders, they would be configured to send one response per sender per day. You can change this in the administration program under the postoffice settings.

For spam filtering, enabling antispam features would not cause you to be blocked. Your email could be blocked for various reasons, such as incorrect PTR record, too many emails coming from your server that appear to be spam, incorrect SPF or DKIM records, etc. You should review the bounces or the SMTP logs, as Yahoo and Gmail give some indication of why they are blocking the email. If the emails are going to the junk folder of the recipient, it is usually due to the email content itself. Check the email headers in Gmail/Hotmail when they receive it, as they could give details of failed DKIM, SPF, etc.