Mail Clients Periodically Fail to Connect

For any other discussion relating to MailEnable.
mwarble

Mail Clients Periodically Fail to Connect

Post by mwarble »

Several mail clients I use, including MS Outlook, will fail to connect to random MailEnable mailboxes when trying to retrieve mail from the mailbox. For instance, if Outlook has just performed an automatic retrieve for all my mailboxes and I then manually execute a retrieve, it will fail to connect to some MailEnable mailboxes. Is there a setting in MailEnable that limits the amount of requests to retrieve mail from a mailbox within a certain time period? This isn't a critical problem, but it is rather annoying. Particularly when I'm waiting on an email to access an online account or something. Even though the email arrives almost instantaneously, I have to wait to download the email into my client, due to this error. Which may take several minutes.

Any insight into this problem would be appreciated.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Mail Clients Periodically Fail to Connect

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

How is Outlook configured to download messages? Is this via POP or IMAP? What version of MailEnable and version number are you referring to?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

mwarble

Post by mwarble »

It's configured to use POP and I'm running MailEnable Professional 9.53.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Navigate within the administration console to: Servers > Localhost > Services and connectors > POP. Right click on POP and select properties. Next navigate to the "Advanced" tab and ensure that the option for "allow concurrent mailbox access" is selected. You might also want to upgrade to 9.74 to ensure you have all the latest fixes to MailEnable core services.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

mwarble

Post by mwarble »

The allow concurrent connections was already enabled. I also increased the number of allowed concurrent connections, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Will need access to the POP activity and debug log files and details of which mailboxes are failing at the time to troubleshoot further. Perhaps private message with a link to download them or lodge a support ticket via the MailEnable support ticketing system.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support