Mailenable Branding and Customization

For any other discussion relating to MailEnable.
Alex_K

Mailenable Branding and Customization

Post by Alex_K »

Hi!

I just recently installed ME enterprise and started looking into customization. So far, I was able to change the login logo and backgrounds only. I believe backgrounds are not supposed to be changed, as this functionality is not described here: https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/a ... D=ME020506
However, I'm trying to change a few more things. Namely, favicon, and page name in tab: currently it is saying "MailEnable Web Mail" and when I login, it changes to "MailEnable Web Mail:: JDOE@mydomain.com". Is there a way to change these two things?

Thank you,
Alex

Maranda

Re: Mailenable Branding and Customization

Post by Maranda »

I think that in theory, but I could be wrong, you should be supposed to be able to change the title via MMC [MailEnable Management/Servers/<host>/Provision/Web Mail/Properties/Service Description] but that option doesn't seem to be modifiable (at least on my install).

Additionally you can edit the client's aspx files where the page title is defined:
X:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\bin\NETWebMail\Mondo\lang\sys\login.aspx
X:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\bin\NETWebMail\Mondo\lang\sys\client.aspx

But I don't think that's the best way to do it, also if you update/reinstall ME, the changes will be overwritten and you'll keep to have to patch those files manually.