Last Login Info

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
mwhatley

Last Login Info

Post by mwhatley »

It would help GREATLY if I could see when was the last login for a mailbox. I am using MS SQL for my database on a 2k8 server running ME 4.26 Ent. I know this has been asked about for a long time and we keep being told maybe in the next revision. Please, is there any way to make this happen? I have customers with hundreds of mailboxes and am being asked when was the last time a mailbox was checked and such. It would be really nice if it would show up as a column in the management interface.

vihuco

Re: Last Login Info

Post by vihuco »

I have developed an application that reports I complete access among others data if the shipment wishes you you prove so that it

mwhatley

Post by mwhatley »

Would be interested in your app. Please post a link or whatever for me to look at it.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

This should allow you to derive the last login time: www.mailenable.com/developers/LastLoginTime.zip

To run you will need to just use cscript to execute the script. If you execute under 64bit you will need to run cscript from %windir%\syswow64\cscript.exe (since the MailEnable COM objects are 32bit only).

You will also need to check that this registry key is set:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Providers\Authentication
Auth Track Events (DWORD with value of 1)

If you change the above-mentioned key, then you will also need to restart any MailEnable services that authenticate (such as POP, IMAP, SMTP). It will only start recording login events from when you enable the key.
In the unlikely event that you notice that there are any problems occuring as a result of enabling that key, just set the registry key to zero to disable the logging.
Regards, Andrew

mwhatley

Post by mwhatley »

Did all that. Now where do I find the information?

mwhatley

Post by mwhatley »

I have completed the setup of the vbs so where do I get the last login info at?

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

I assume you are having a problem getting the output of the script.

From a command prompt run the script like this:

Code: Select all

cscript LastLoginTime.vbs
A list containing postoffice name, user name and last login date/time will be echoed to stdout (the command shell screen) for all postoffices and each user in a postoffice. You can redirect the output to a file, if you wish, by running the script like this:

cscript LastLoginTime.vbs > LoginTimes.lst
Alternatively, run the script like this:

wscript LastLoginTime.vbs
and the same info will be presented as a series of message boxes, 1 for each user. Be aware that if you have lots of postoffices and/or lots of users you could spend a long time clicking the Ok button to get the next user's info.

I hope I haven't got the wrong end of the stick and that this will help.

Regards,
Brett

trusnock

Post by trusnock »

Hello,
I installed this script and it appears to work, thank you! I'm now wondering how literaly we can interpret this date. Does it get updated regardless of how the user accessed their account (POP3, IMAP, Webmail, SMTP-AUTH)? Are there any other actions that might falsely change this date and lead us to think a user logged in when they didn't really? (for instance, changing their password or other account settings? Disabling/enabling their account?)

I just want to know how much faith we should put in the date returned by the script.

Thanks,
-Tom R.

COSAdmin

Post by COSAdmin »

I hate to revive this old thread. I am running ME Professional v10.16 and I cannot get the registry entry to work properly. I have tried to set it both in the SysWOW64 and normal sections, just to make sure it would be read, but it isn't creating the time stamp in the <mailbox>.sys file. (Restarted server multiple times...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really wish that this would just show up in the management console, it would make managing hundreds of accounts in a single post office much easier.

Dan

virmix

Post by virmix »

MailEnable wrote:This should allow you to derive the last login time: http://www.mailenable.com/developers/LastLoginTime.zip

To run you will need to just use cscript to execute the script. If you execute under 64bit you will need to run cscript from %windir%\syswow64\cscript.exe (since the MailEnable COM objects are 32bit only).

You will also need to check that this registry key is set:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Providers\Authentication
Auth Track Events (DWORD with value of 1)

If you change the above-mentioned key, then you will also need to restart any MailEnable services that authenticate (such as POP, IMAP, SMTP). It will only start recording login events from when you enable the key.
In the unlikely event that you notice that there are any problems occuring as a result of enabling that key, just set the registry key to zero to disable the logging.
In version 10 not work.
I create a software : https://www.mailenable.com/forum/viewto ... =8&t=42849

227ths

Post by 227ths »

@virmix - Because in version 10 it was replaced by "Auditing".

See
https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020509
and
https://www.mailenable.com/documentation/10.0/Enterprise/Localhost_-_Auditing.html

I mainly wrote this to warn people about your EXE.
It's bad form to offer a 'proprietary' EXE. I can't imagine anyone downloading this.
How do I know what it does? We need to see the code that built it.
This is why you should use a script, or publish source code so we can compile it ourselves.
Also not sure why ME left your EXE post up.