MailEnable Addition

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
PMad

MailEnable Addition

Post by PMad »

Not sure if anyone has suggested this or not, but adding an Android and iOS app that works just like a typical email app, but the primary function of this app is cloud storage. Since in at least the paid versions of MailEnable you have your file storage inside your email, adding a cloud storage app that interacts with your own servers email storage would be the perfect addition to MailEnable!

I believe OwnCloud does something similar to this, but doesnt integrate with email. Its something im looking into because this would make file sharing in a business setting really perfect! As long as you were able to share files with whoever anyway. For example, you can share it with an email address that is part of the MailEnable infrastructure your account is a part of, or when sharing with others (such as somebody from gmail), you would have to make the file public, or add a password to it, and you would be provided a link (which the server could also act as a sort of url shrinker, how short it is depends on the domain haha) but upon the friend, family member, coworker, etc... opening the link, making it public would allow anyone access with the link, or making it password protected would.. yeah you get it.. Thats all!

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: MailEnable Addition

Post by MailEnable »

Nice suggestion. It could probably be achieved using a WebDAV client (there are many around that allow you to access documents via WebDAV - NetDrive is one that springs to mind). This will allow the MailEnable "My Files" on mobile devices. It is also possible from within webmail to determine who has access to the files in the "My Files" store
Regards, Andrew