Skin Image Problem

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
MmarlonN

Skin Image Problem

Post by MmarlonN »

Hello

I have some problems about skins and with some images. When i changed for example (Corp_logo.gif) it doesnt work and show. I don't change this image's size, resolution, file type etc. I just write company name in there and copy it Default Skin Folder.

But after overwrite on this file when i login, image doesnt show and open another pop up to login (This pop-up like Windows' standart login box)

I have no idea about this. I work on 2003 server. Is there anyone to help me about this.

Best Regards

jcremin

Post by jcremin »

The NTFS permissions on the file are probably incorrect. Make sure they have the same permissions as the rest of the webmail files.

Deltigar

Re: Skin Image Problem

Post by Deltigar »

You may have the path wrong. I put mine under Oceano and it worked, whereas Mondo did not.

Also, be sure it's a gif. For some reason they only allow gifs there, like some throwback to the 80's. Ruins anything but the most basic text. Even their own logo is a jpg. ut they force us into antiquated gifs. Ruined all the corporate logos I had. We had to just go with simple text and tell the clients it wasn't possible to place an image there. Not to mention having to create all new logos for every single client during that upgrade that changed their size and name. Why did you guys do that? Do you know how much unexpected work that was? Some of our clients were really ticked off.