delivery status notifications

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
mia11691

delivery status notifications

Post by mia11691 »

We run mailenable enterprise 7.58. We have lots of customer complaints regarding the lack of functionality of 'delivery status notifications' i.e. read/delivery receipt notifications. While I understand that it is partially implemented and allows for internal use we need to know whether or not MailEnable plans on making this fully functional at any time in the near future.... It is a pretty standard feature on other applications why not here?
After reading the KB article ME020607 - HOWTO: Enabling delivery status notifications we configured our servers accordingly. Unfortunately, the delivery status notification feature does not work. Is this by design? Is it supported or no? I've seen inconclusive old discussions in the forum.
It does work, but only as the article indicates. Since it is a not a complete implementation, then it is limited to just responding to the NOTIFY parameter when sending an email to a local mailbox. You can check to see whether it works by telnetting to the SMTP port:

gxavier.bh

Re: delivery status notifications

Post by gxavier.bh »

Any news on this?

gtavelli

Re: delivery status notifications

Post by gtavelli »

We run ME Enterprise Premium Ed. 9.11 in Evaluation mode and we are going to buy the product (I think the 30/05/16).
All my users complain of lack of Delivery Status Notifications.
Have you planned a release