Contact List Options

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
puzzled

Contact List Options

Post by puzzled »

In my organization the contact's business phone would be far more useful than the cell phone number in the WebMail Contact List.

With ME Pro evolving so rapidly, I hesitate to make custom code modifications that would have to re-applied with each release. (Keep the releases coming nonetheless!)

1. A global preference setting for which phone number is displayed.

2. Better still, a user option to flag which phone number to display.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The problem with us doing updates and additions to the webmail is that it does require any custom changes to be re-applied. But you can usually run previous webmail pages with newer Professional versions (i.e. make a copy of your webmail before an update and use the backed up copy). I would only recommend this if you have made a serious amount of mods. Otherwise either re-apply or use some sort of Diff application so you can easily see the differences.

Thanks for the suggestions.

gregbray

Re: Contact List Options

Post by gregbray »

Hi,
We are very interested in getting the Work Phone added to the Contact List in the web mail interface. I found how to edit the list.aspx file to add the new column to the table, but I haven't been able to find the place to update the query to pull back the additional field.

Has anyone successfully managed to do this?

Thanks in advance,
-greg