Spam Filtering

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
bcupps

Spam Filtering

Post by bcupps »

I haven't seen anything posted about SPAM filtering being added in the future & was just wondering if it was on the 'to-do' list or if you'd even thought about it for future releases. No biggie, just curious.
BC

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

There is an extensive filtering engine under development . Allows you to define filters, rules and actions for dealing with messages as they pass through the MTA (much like the anti-virus plugins do - but MUCH more powerful).

Cheers
Regards, Andrew

bcupps

Post by bcupps »

Schweet! I was kinda hoping that was the case when I saw the 'rules' directory under the postoffice config.
Dang, you guys rock! :D

Craig Emmitt

RBL?

Post by Craig Emmitt »

Realtime BlackHole List lookup support would be nice also :wink:

Craig Emmitt

vnvjeep

*PLEASE* put RBL support in ME! :)

Post by vnvjeep »

Like Craig said... it would be great to be able to do lookups against MAPS and ORDB... (notice the word *and*... multiple RBLs is a must) -- usually that kind of stuff isn't too hard to implement... An item such as this is usually the 'killer app' that makes it or breaks it for serious mail server admins... and definitely a must if you're competing with the other big boys out there...

L8r
Mike

fmaxwell

Re: *PLEASE* put RBL support in ME! :)

Post by fmaxwell »

vnvjeep wrote:Like Craig said... it would be great to be able to do lookups against MAPS and ORDB... (notice the word *and*... multiple RBLs is a must) -- usually that kind of stuff isn't too hard to implement... An item such as this is usually the 'killer app' that makes it or breaks it for serious mail server admins... and definitely a must if you're competing with the other big boys out there...
And I'll add to that the ability to configure rejection messages. That way, the sender could be told what caused the rejection (open relay, Dorkslayers, no postmaster account at sender domain, etc.), to go to your web page to send mail via a web form, etc. Examples:

550 Rejected. No postmaster address at your domain. See www.rfc-ignorant.com.

550 Rejected. Your SMTP server is hosted on dial-up line.

550 Rejected. Open relay. See www.mydomain.com for an explanation of our policies.

You all get the idea...