Quarantine and Bad Mail folders

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
Dilbert

Quarantine and Bad Mail folders

Post by Dilbert »

The "Quarantine" and "Bad Mail" folders are not very comfortable. You should display at least the recipient, sender and the subject of the mails. This would make my live a lot easier because I would be able to see all the information I need without opening every single item. If there is a performance issue, you should make this configurable.

- Dilbert -

criz

Agreed

Post by criz »

I want to add my support for this feature.

Having From, Recipient (and maybe subject too?) as 3 more columns would make managing Quaratine a LOT easier.

Thanks.

paarlberg

Post by paarlberg »

I agree..

AbsolutelyFreeWeb

Post by AbsolutelyFreeWeb »

+1
Cheap domains com/net/org/info $6.99 including dns manager/forwarding
Quality Hosting from $1.99/mo
Hire IT staff When quality matters

Myagui

I agree also.

Post by Myagui »

/me here also agree to the topic suggestion.
Adding - wouldn't it be usefull to have some automated purge/cleanup scheduled by ME for wiping the Bad Mail / Quarantine folders ?
On my perspective, if there is no action taken on any message in those folders for a given period (6 months for example), the message could be erased.

Best regards, André Lopes

labsy

Post by labsy »

I fully support this idea.

Furthermore, in the future it would be a good idea also to consider some kind of per-user management added. I did automation script:
- if recipients mail gets quarantined, recipient receives a mail message, which informs him/her of quarantine reason.
- in this mail announcement, there is also a hyperlink to my own RESTORE script
- if user wanted to restore quarantined message, he/she simply enters e-mail eddress in a textbox, and mail gets forwarded to this address as an attachment, and also deleted from quarantine

Click here and enter your e-mail address to test.
Script will mail you quarantined attachment, and, if this would NOT be a test, attachment would be removed from quarantine and link would not be usable again.