Enable filters for local delivery

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
dcol

Enable filters for local delivery

Post by dcol »

Is it possible to allow filters to be applied to local delivery?
Anotherwords, the sender and recipient both have a mailbox in the MailEnable Post Offices.
I want to filter that mail as well. It is not being filtered now.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Enable filters for local delivery

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What filters are you referring to? Message content filters that you create under the "Filters" node will execute on all messages that pass the MTA agent despite being local or external addresses.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

dcol

Post by dcol »

So, all local email passes through the MTA?

Also, I have Spam Assassin set as the last filter, but it is still the first filter. Do I need to disable the Message filter Extension for Spam Assassin, and if I do, does the custom filter I setup for SA still work? I want SA to be the last check.

So this leads me to another question. Are all the Message Filter Extensions also used in the MTA? Or are they applied before the MTA?
What is the order of sequence between Extensions and custom filters?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
So, all local email passes through the MTA?
Yes, messages that are sent from local to local will always be routed by the MTA agent from the inbound SF queue to outbound SF queue if sent from web mail client. If sent from an SMTP client they will still be routed by the MTA agent from the inbound SMTP queue to outbound SF queue.
Also, I have Spam Assassin set as the last filter, but it is still the first filter. Do I need to disable the Message filter Extension for Spam Assassin, and if I do, does the custom filter I setup for SA still work? I want SA to be the last check.
Do you mean you have one filter with multiple criteria enabled in the one filter (one of the criteria is SpamAssassin)? If if so then you need to separate each criteria into its own filter and order the filters that way.
So this leads me to another question. Are all the Message Filter Extensions also used in the MTA?
Or are they applied before the MTA? What is the order of sequence between Extensions and custom filters?
Not sure I understand when you refer to message filter extensions. Do you mean the filter criteria?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

dcol

Post by dcol »

I have 10 different filters performing different tasks the last one being Spam Assassin. The Spam Assassin filter always seems to either go first or when I hit Stop processing filters in the filter rules, it still goes to Spam Assassin.

What I want to happen is process the filters in order and have Spam Assassin go last.

I know the Spam Assassin filter is working from the filters because I add text to the subject.