Outlook stops sending/receiving emails

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
scotty562

Outlook stops sending/receiving emails

Post by scotty562 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:44 pm

I've contacted support (Request ID: 86619) and they were unable to help me so hopefully the rest of the community has seen this issue. Maybe support would be willing to open the ticket back up? We've spent $80 that got us no resolution.

A clients Outlook will work fine for days/weeks until one day it just stops sending/receiving emails. The user has to close their Outlook client and then open it back up. This happens with various versions of Outlook. I've not seen it happen with any other email client that I'm aware of.

Support looked at the Outlook logs and said the following. "There is nothing in the Outlook client log files that indicate any problems on the server. The client is issuing fetches for each message and the server is responding correctly. There are large amounts in the mailbox which are just taking time to download." This was not helpful. I have roughly 30 users with Outlook and this issue happens maybe once or twice per month and rarely to the same user twice.

Given its difficult nature to troubleshoot, I'm not sure where to go from here. Looking for advice.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Outlook stops sending/receiving emails

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:59 am

Hi,

Please reply to your open ticket so we can respond to that.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

scotty562

Post by scotty562 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:24 pm

Ian, the ticket is closed. I don't have any way to open it back up on my side.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:17 am

Hi,

What was the ticket number?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

dogukan

Post by dogukan » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:38 am

Hello,

Did you find any solution about this problem? We observed the same problem on different computers which have windows 10 and office 2019 Outlook. We have to close and reopen Outlook in order to receive new emails. We observed this issue after updating to Mailenable Professional 10.33 , we updated to 10.34 but nothing changed. We really need an urgent solution about this issue.

dcol

Post by dcol » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:27 pm

I have also seen this issue with some Outlook clients. Send/Receive just hangs. I have switched those users from IMAP to MAPI and haven't seen that issue since. MailEnable with IMAP has always been flaky.

Also seen Outlook IMAP removing some email from the inbox after read. Just disappears.