Webmail forward not working in 10.43

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
capvar

Webmail forward not working in 10.43

Post by capvar »

After update the webmail environment cannot forward mails (reply is ok). A busy popup appears and gets error 500 in console from a server call.

capvar

Re: Webmail forward not working in 10.43

Post by capvar »

Server error is:
Exception type: MissingFieldException
Exception message: Field not found: 'MailEnable.MIME.MIMEBoundary.HeaderValues'.
at MailEnable.Messages.MailMessage.CopyForwardFile_MIME(String& SourceFile, String& DestinationFile, String& RelativeDestinationPath)
at MailEnable.Messages.MailMessage.CopyForwardFile(String& SourceFile, String& DestinationFile, String& RelativeDestinationPath)
at MailEnable.Clients.WebMail.Mondo.Compose.a(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

BjornFi

Post by BjornFi »

I got the same problem with forwarding a message in webmail after i updated to version 10.43. This error message is shown here.

" Server Error in '/' Application.
Field not found: 'MailEnable.MIME.MIMEBoundary.HeaderValues'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'MailEnable.MIME.MIMEBoundary.HeaderValues'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'MailEnable.MIME.MIMEBoundary.HeaderValues'.]
MailEnable.Messages.MailMessage.CopyForwardFile_MIME(String& SourceFile, String& DestinationFile, String& RelativeDestinationPath) +0
MailEnable.Messages.MailMessage.CopyForwardFile(String& SourceFile, String& DestinationFile, String& RelativeDestinationPath) +18
MailEnable.Clients.WebMail.Mondo.Compose.a(Object , EventArgs ) +9782
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +106
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +68
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3785

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3930.0 "

capvar

Post by capvar »

Problem solved by downgrading to 10.42, hope for a fix in future versions

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

If you have this issue please download the file from the link below:

https://www.mailenable.com/hotfix/MEWebBin_1043.zip

Extract this to the following directory:

Mail Enable\bin\Netwebmail\bin

This will resolve the problem and will work for either version 8, 9 or 10.

BWT

Post by BWT »

This didn't solve my problem (as i have explaind in my mail)

BWT

Post by BWT »

If you update the files in the correct folder....
Every thing is working correct now

dcol

Post by dcol »

I copied the files to the correct folder and still get the Server runtime error. I have reverted back to 10.42

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Be sure when you update that you are not resetting IIS (it is an option to do that or not). Don't do it. See if that works.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!