MailEnable MESMTPC stopping (SOLVED)

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
adrianodalpra

MailEnable MESMTPC stopping (SOLVED)

Post by adrianodalpra »

Hi,

Since I upgraded to MailEnable Enterprise 2.35 the MESMTPC.exe is stopping a lot of times per day.

I have a scheduled task on Windows that checks services each 2 minutes and starts the service if any service is stopped.

This suddenly stop errors never happened befor this update.

I already removed all messages from Inbound and Outbound queues, but the problem still.

Bellow folows the error message found on Windows Event Viewer. It happens one or twice per hour.

Reporting queued error: faulting application MESMTPC.exe, version 1.0.0.26, faulting module MESMTPC.exe, version 1.0.0.26, fault address 0x00007ab4.

Anyone knows what seems to be the problem?

Thanks for any help.

Adriano.
Last edited by adrianodalpra on Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

adrianodalpra

Post by adrianodalpra »

Running MailEnable Diagnostics Report I also found a lot of errors with the message:

Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with results for another hstmt

MailEnable Database Provider error: 0,FAILURE: (SELECT TOP 1 ID,Mode,AddressMask,Status,Account,AccessRight FROM SMTP_ACCESS WHERE ((Mode = 1) AND ((AddressMask = '83.*.*.*') OR (AddressMask = '83.69.*.*') OR (AddressMask = '83.69.62.*') OR (AddressMask = '83.69.62.247')) AND (AccessRight = 'CONNECT') AND ID > 0) ORDER BY ID ;), Module: MESMTPC.EXE; Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with results for another hstmt

MailEnable Database Provider error: 0,FAILURE: (SELECT TOP 1 ID,TargetDomainName,BannedDomainName,Status,Account FROM SMTP_BLACKLIST WHERE ((TargetDomainName = 'cablenet.com.br') AND (BannedDomainName = 'goodmaster.com.br') AND (Status = 1)) ;), Module: MESMTPC.EXE; Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with results for another hstmt

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what is the benefit or purpose of having SQL Server assist with e-mail serving? Furthermore, we are not having any problems with our SMTP service...so it could just be an issue resulting from something with SQL.

Needing a solution that is not a half solution? Visit http://www.covenantdata.com/golive/ for more details!
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

adrianodalpra

Solved

Post by adrianodalpra »

I raised a support ticket with MailEnable Support team and they identified a problem with URL Blacklisting.

Disabling this feature solved the problem until they release a patch.

Adriano.

paarlberg

Post by paarlberg »

Just curious, is your dns server local on the ME box or another server? If another server, setup a DNS server for caching only as it helps prevent timeouts..