Severe Bug in Web Admin

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
einarsen

Severe Bug in Web Admin

Post by einarsen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:57 pm

I have found a severe bug in the Web Admin, I'm going to assume the ME folks monitor these forums because going through the trouble ticket system is just too much work.

My account is SYSADMIN level. If I use the web admin to do the following it removes ALL addresses of "hks.ca" from ALL mailboxes on my post office. Other post offices are unaffected (thank goodness).

1. go into web admin
2. change catchall address to self
3. use "Current Post Office" on top of screen to go to another post office
4. use "Current Post Office" to return to domain (hks.ca)
5. addresses are deleted in hks.ca domain

If anyone from ME wants details, I can create a camtasia movie of the above. It's a lot of work replacing the addresses though so I'm not doing it unless requested.

Hope this helps,
Brad Einarsen
(brad@hks.ca)

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:38 am

Hi Brad,

When you performed the upgrade to 2.37 did you choose to update the webmail and webadmin interfaces aswell?

I have tried the exact steps to re-simulate the problem but am unsuccessful in doing so. So can you please lodge a support ticket for this and provide test account details for web admin along with remote desktop details for the server so we can inspect the configuration.

regards,

MailEnable Support.

einarsen

Post by einarsen » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:37 am

Ian,

I chose everything except for one option. I can't remember the exact wording but it was something about the "skins" files. I have changed some of the graphics to include HKS so I didn't want to overwrite them. The install program was explicit in its statement that they were not functionality so I felt ok leaving them off.

I'll create the problem ticket. Thanks for the quick reply!

--Brad

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:58 am

Hi Brad,

Reason I asked if you chose to update the webmail files is because we have seen the problem you have reported in webadmin and it was resolved. So I suggest you perform a complete upgrade of all MailEnable files including webmail and web admin. Once done so then you can re-apply the graphics to the updated pages. This will eliminate the problem being in old pages you might stil be using.

If after performing the above the problem persists then you are welcome to lodge the ticket.

regards,

MailEnable Support.

einarsen

*** STILL EXPERIENCING *** Severe Bug in Web Admin

Post by einarsen » Sun May 13, 2007 5:26 pm

I reinstalled the latest Enterprise version today over top of my current installation and accepted all overwrites...

I'm still seeing the bug whereby I set the default address for a domain and lose ALL email account addresses for that domain.

This is a serious bug that has the potential to disrupt my clients' business.

Is there a fix?

Thanks,
Brad

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben » Tue May 15, 2007 12:56 am

Brad that sounds very strange I would like to see this happening please submit a support request via the MailEnable support web page under the category of Defect so we can assess this.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

einarsen

defect reported

Post by einarsen » Mon May 21, 2007 2:40 pm

I've reported this through the support system. You guys are always good at following up so I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for everything.
--Brad

einarsen

Hotfix coming?

Post by einarsen » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:54 pm

I reported through the trouble ticket system and was told there would be a hot fix.

I don't see anything in the hot fix list that looks like it addresses this bug.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Brad

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:41 am

Hi, this fix in included in the latest version 2.38 that is available on the MailEnable web site.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.