redirecting outgoing mails

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
rohithkp

redirecting outgoing mails

Post by rohithkp » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:46 am

I would like to redirect all outgoing mails from email ids to trace my employees mail activity. I am aware of redirecting incoming mails to other email id by keeping a copy in inbox. Is there any way to redirect the outgoing mails without diusturbing the actual mail delivery.

can anyone help me??

Marconius

Post by Marconius » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:42 pm

You can setup a filter to do it.
I did it i for a Ham message store, but it could be used for other things like email auditing as well.

The filter I have is a default filter I selected "When a user authenticates" and make it forward a copy of the message to a specific email box. As long as you have authentication on your server it would work.

Alternatively if there are only a few individuals you want to collect you make a filter that is "Where the From line contains" and put in the users email address in the short list it has and make it forward to a specific email box.

Hope that helps.

rohithkp

Post by rohithkp » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:38 am

hi friend,
thank you for that info.
can you please telll me the procedure to do that, since iam new to Mailenable enterprise. Where to add filter and where i can see the option.

thank you in advance

Marconius

Post by Marconius » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:04 pm

Here read this:

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/vi ... D=ME020217

it shows how to create an attachment filter, but the same basic principles apply, so you can just change it however you want