Setting Global Address List as Default

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
ddi

Setting Global Address List as Default

Post by ddi » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:29 pm

Is there a way to set the Global Address List as default when composing messages in web mail. This would certainly be ideal.

Even more ideal would be if you could choose what address list to use as your default, say, a shared contact list. Now, that would be way cool.

:idea:

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:34 am

Hi,

There is no option within webmail or the administration console to set the default address book to be the "global contacts list" when composing in webmail.

Thanks for the suggestion we may look into this for future releases. You may want to post your suggestion to our suggestions register: http://www.mailenable.com/suggest/suggestion.asp

regards,

MailEnable Support.

kingpcgeek

Re: Setting Global Address List as Default

Post by kingpcgeek » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:08 am

So it is 6 years and many versions later. Is there anyway to set the GAL as default?

rdewild

Post by rdewild » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:22 pm

Ditto. Any word on setting the global address list as the default?
Many clients are adding people to their own contact list that are already in the global address list... duplicating data.

ammadali83

Post by ammadali83 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:56 am

Hello Guys,

I have installed MailEnable Enterprise on my server. Is there any way to create GAL i.e the new email account added should automatically visible via GAL in webmail ?

There should be an automated may that when user is added it should also display in GAL.

Please advise if there is any option.