Over Quota

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
SH-Keith

Over Quota

Post by SH-Keith » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:47 pm

I've just found an issue where mail was not being delivered to mailbox because it was reporting as being over quota, on investigation it was not physically over quota, the size was being reported correctly from within the management tool however the DIRSIZE.tmp within the actual postoffice had a value that would be over quota, this value was not correct.

Can anyone offer an explanation to why this would happen and anything that can be done to prevent it happening again.

V3.02

TIA

SH-Keith

Post by SH-Keith » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:08 pm

Just had the same thing again on another mailbox within another postoffice, the customer was complaining of not receiving mail, when I traced messages they were being reported as not being delivered due to the mailbox being over quota, yet the mailbox is only at 60% of its quota.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Allen

Post by Allen » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:30 pm

Hello,

We continue to see this occurring (in the logs) and are concerned that email messages are being incorrectly denied.

Should we try a global delete on all of the _DIRSIZE.tmp files? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you and best wishes.
Allen Burnett
Storm Technologies Group, LLC

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:39 pm

Allen, maybe log a defect using the ticket system (under defect category). That way we can determine the version you are using and see if there are any unapplied patches etc.

The things of relevance are the me version number and the postoffice connector logs leading up to the over quota notification.

The value contained inside the _dirsize.tmp should be similar to the actual size of the MAILROOT\[mailbox] using explorer.
Regards, Andrew

Allen

Post by Allen » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:51 pm

Thanks Andrew!

Sorry, I work w/ Keith (SH-Keith) and he had posted the ver earlier in the thread. Re-reading the thread and it is not easy to tell we are at the same company - My bad there and it is ver 3.02 fully patched. We'll submit the ticket and look forward to getting this resolved as we've always received top-notch support when working w/ ME.

Thanks Guys!
Allen Burnett
Storm Technologies Group, LLC