Webmail timeout...

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
bsmith

Post by bsmith » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:11 pm

Sorry for the delayed response, thanks for the info.

It’s still not working :(

I am using plesk but I installed MailEnable a few months after installing plesk.

For some reason it isn't under "webmail(default)"

Also I dont have the same ASP.net tab that you do.

Thanks,

mmuniz

Post by mmuniz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:48 pm

All three are valid. I had to change all three the webmail(default), mailenable webmail, and mailenable webadmin to make it work. I too had added mailenable several months later. If you have set in plesk that the webmail is mailenable than the "webmail(default)" is the plesk call up.

Kogo

Is everyone talking about the same thing?

Post by Kogo » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:52 pm

I think the 'timeout' being referred to is the period of webmail inactivity before webmail prompts you to leave or stay. If you don't see and respond to the dialog, you are automatically logged out.

This is not the same as the IIS application timeout - which is what the posted solutions are dealing with.

I would also like to extend or eliminate the 'auto logout after inactivity' period - so I'm hoping you will provide a solution.

Michael

mmuniz

Post by mmuniz » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:03 am

See following forum link to help you with auto logout

http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.p ... uto+logout

Gman

Auto logout using Webmail

Post by Gman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:55 pm

I also have the same issue with all my users who use Webmail. It logs them out after 20 min. This is so frustrating and (yes) I have changed all settings in IIS according to Ben's comments. If there isn't a fix within a week or so I will have no option except to move my company to SM as they don't have this issue.
MailEnable,,,,, please get it corrected or loose customers....

"My users frustrations are my headaches".....

mmuniz

Post by mmuniz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:09 am

I don't know why you seem to have problems, but it appears on my end that the site doesn't time out after the changes I made. Are you using a third party Control Panel like Ensim or Plesk. If you are have you checked for a Virtual Directory in IIS like in Plesk called webmail?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Gman, perhaps you could raise a ticket as a defect and have an engineer review your configuration. If you do so, simply refer to this forum thread so the support person can review. Thx.
Regards, Andrew

bsmith

Post by bsmith » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:36 am

Kind of an odd thing I just noticed about my timeout issue, after it says session timeout if I hit my back button it loads right into my mailbox and refeshes my mail. Is this caused by my credentials being cached or a possible unstable connection cutting in and out?

One thing that has been reported is people are able to idle for 30 minutes come back and send a few emails then step away from their desk for 5 minutes then be timed out. I am kind of leaning towards the connection on at my office being unstable but would like some input. BTW I have everything set to timeout after 90 minutes

Thanks,