Upg to 3.11 Error:Unable to Postoffice Configuration Provide

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Herman_verschooten

Upg to 3.11 Error:Unable to Postoffice Configuration Provide

Post by Herman_verschooten »

We upgraded our server from 3.04 to 3.11 today and the sh.. hit the fan...

The upgrade proces gave no errors, but immediately all incoming mail was bounced with a 550 mail not local error. I found an error in the smtp-debug-log that says: Unable to Postoffice Configuration Provider. Followed by numerous messages telling me that the postoffices have been disabled. I followed the explanation is ME020021 to start the smtp service in debug mode, and lo and behold the error disappears and smtp traffic is normal. But mails are not arriving in the mailboxes, for this is I need to debug-start the MEPOC. I tried to change the logon account, since I figured it was a security issue, to Administrator, but no change in the error. So If I start the service in debug as Administrator, it works, if I start it as a service logging on as Administrator it doesn't. The MEWebmail also is not working, it will not allow anybody to log on...

HELP?

The server is Windows 2003 Std Dutch Version, running as a DC. I also have another server running another ME Ent3.11 which I upgraded from 3.10 this morning, without a problem.

We already tried to uninstall ME completely, with manually cleaning out the registry and IIS, rebooting, reinstalling, no change.

Any help would be appreciated...

Tx,

Herman

samson

Post by samson »

herman, please run a diagnostic...
We had similar problems upgrading to 3.10
We have noticed that the problem was a security/access problem.
Verify that IME_ADMIN and IME_SYSTEM has access to the postoffice folders

Mariën Gert

Herman_verschooten

Problem solved!

Post by Herman_verschooten »

Gert,

Thanks for the support...

The problem had nothing to do with permissions what so ever. It was caused by 2 files missing on this system, which we found by running MESMTPC.EXE through filemon (sysinternals), MSVCP71.DLL and MSVCR71.DLL. Once these were added everything went back to normal.

ME-guys if you are reading this post, you better add these to your installation procedure.

Herman