NAS Share with Active Directory

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jeffkretz

NAS Share with Active Directory

Post by jeffkretz » Tue May 27, 2008 12:20 am

I have 3 servers, two set up with MailEnable Enterprise, clustered, and a third NAS Server running Win2k3 Storage Server.

Following some kb articles on the subject, I used the meinstaller.exe set permissions to ensure the passwords were the same on the mail1 and mail2 servers.

I then created the IME_ADMIN, IME_SYSTEM accounts on the NAS Server, and the IME_STORE_GROUP group on the NAS Server. I set the passwords to be the same on the NAS Server as I did for the two MailEnable servers.

I also granted full Share Permissions and full Security Permissions to these 3 accounts to the shared MailEnable folder on the NAS.

And yet, I am still getting:

Failed: IME_ADMIN not granted access
Failed: IME_STORE_GROUP not granted access
Failed: IME_SYSTEM not granted access

On the Diagnostic Report.

Based on a suggestion from another thread, I granted full permissions (Administrators) to these accounts, still no dice.

Now, ideally, the MailEnable program would use Domain Credentials to access the NAS device, rather than a local account with the passwords set the same, but I have no idea if this is even possible to set up.

Is there any advice to further steps I can take to resolve this?

Thanks,
Jeffrey Kretz

Rooey123

Post by Rooey123 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:19 pm

Anyone have an answer?

Rooey123

Post by Rooey123 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:40 pm

Help! :D

Kayyum

Post by Kayyum » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:09 am

You can check the functionality of your MailEnable, I guess it should work fine, and you can ignore the error found in Diag report.
Regards
Kayyum