MailEnable Ent 2.5 Webmail - Display of Googlemail Messages

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Ruffs

MailEnable Ent 2.5 Webmail - Display of Googlemail Messages

Post by Ruffs »

Hello folks,

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered similar issues.

We have the .NET Webmail running on our server, and it has been fine for a long time.

However, recently users reported that emails received from googlemail.com/gmail.com email addresses were arriving, but when you clicked on them in the webmail to view them, you see the header part (From, Subject, Attachments) but the body of the email doesn't actually display at all.

Has anyone encountered a similar error in the past, or is this a known issue that has a work around?

I look forward to reading your replies.

Kind regards, and many thanks,

Ruffs :)

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Hi, There was an error similar to this in an earlier version of MailEnable. Are you running the latest? If not then please upgrade to the latest version on the MailEnable web site.

If you are running the latest version then please log into the mailbox using IMAP or POP and see if the message displays OK.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

Ruffs

Post by Ruffs »

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the swift response.

The version of the server is Enterprise 2.50. I am just waiting to hear back from the customer, so I can run a test against POP/IMAP retrieval, however when I looked at the message files on the server they did seem fine, and if you reply to the message, looking at the contents in sent displays the message that you received, but just not if you look at it from the inbox.

Kind regards,

Scott :)

Ruffs

Post by Ruffs »

After obtaining the customers credentials, and accessing the account via POP3, I can confirm that all things are working as expected via that retrieval mechanism.

The email appears to contain the correct and expected text.

However, when you look at it through the webmail interface, this is all you see (see attached image):

Strangely enough, it doesn't seem to have the embedded iframe that should be displaying the message. Instead it seems to list the file as having attachments, which it doesn't actually. It's a text and html encoded message, both of which are basically the same.

I have checked the server as well Ben, and it seems to be as up-to-date as the Enterpise 2.5 can be.

Any thoughts/suggestions about how to correct the issue?

Kind regards,

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Hi again Ruffs, thanks for the information supplied. At this time I suggest that you submit a support call via the MailEnable web site as we will need to see the raw MAI file so we can run some tests on it. You can classify this ticket as Defect so there is no charge. When doing so please also send through the MAI message file that can be obtained from the mailbox inbox folder on the server, before it is popped of course.

Here is the location of the inbox folder on the server (default);

Program Files\MailEnable\Post Offices\[Post Office Name]\Mailroot\[Mailbox Name]\Inbox
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

Ruffs

Post by Ruffs »

Thank you for the advise Ben.

I have raised the ticket as per your request, and this should be listed under the following Tracking Number: 15967

Please do feel free to contact me directly on email should you require any additional information or logs.

Kind regards,