-ERR No authentication modes available

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
philipb

-ERR No authentication modes available

Post by philipb »

Greetings-

We have a very strange issue with ME Enterprise 3.62 where users are complaining about delays in receiving email, login failures and generally issues with retrieving email.

THe POP debug log shows a great many successful logins and nothing really pointing to teh issue, but the activity log for POP shows the following error sprinkled throughout the log:

-ERR No authentication modes available. Use plain authentication.

I have verified that the users that are showing up with this error have Outlook correctly configured (port 110, no SPA etc) - this is plain vanilla, and yet we still see a great many of the above error.

THe other interesting thing is that it is limited to a handful of users - and if we reboot the server the issue returns, but for a different group of users.

HAs anyone seen this? We have about 500 users.

THank you for your time.

philipb

Post by philipb »

Anyone?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Do the user's experiencing the problems login into their accounts on different client machines or use Mobile devices?

Do you see the error "-ERR Unable to log on. Only one connection to a mailbox permitted at a time" occurirng within the POP log file swhen the problem arises?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

philipb

Post by philipb »

YEs, some use mobile devices (blackberry) and the login issue seems to be random and not associated to a particular account or machine.

Concurrent access is enabled.

I do not see the single logon error message... just the authentication message listed earlier in the post. It seems random.

THank you.

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I am seeing the same thing. Same settings as philipb has. And it's not everyone who's getting it, only certain people and it's not domain specific.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Are you using a database as the configuration storage method? Do you see any errors within the Windows event log inspect the date/time this is occurring? Are you using "Integrated authentication".
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support