Event Viewer Errors

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
btadmin

Event Viewer Errors

Post by btadmin »

After my upgrade to V5 I am getting constant event logs every few seconds:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SideBySide
Event Category: None
Event ID: 32
Date: 12/23/2010
Time: 9:16:41 AM
User: N/A
Description:
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SideBySide
Event Category: None
Event ID: 59
Date: 12/23/2010
Time: 9:21:40 AM
User: N/A
Description:
Generate Activation Context failed for C:\PROGRA~1\MAILEN~1\Antivirus\ClamAV\libclamav_llvm.dll. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Event Viewer Errors

Post by MailEnable »

Hi,

The error is occuring because the ClamAV module cannot find its runtime DLLs.
Specificially, the error suggests that the Visual C/C++ runtime (for x86) is not installed on your machine.
This could be because your machine is 64 bit and it lacks the 32 bit runtime.

You can download and install it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en
Regards, Andrew

btadmin

Post by btadmin »

We are running 32-Bit Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. I will download the component manually as you suggest and report back with results.

btadmin

Post by btadmin »

We have reinstalled this component by doing a Repair option since it was previously installed. The errors continue as they were. Any other suggestions? I tried eventID.net and found the same information.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

To diagnose further would require running FileMon/ProcessMon to determine why it cannot find the runtime libraries. Depends.exe could also be run on [ProgDir]\Mail Enable\Antivirus\ClamAV\clamdscan.exe to determine why it cannot locate the runtime library.

Would it be possible for you to log a support ticket via the ticketing system under the "defect" category (since an engineer would need server access to determine why the library cannot be found/loaded) .
Regards, Andrew