Microsoft Outlook Group Sync

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
cqi

Microsoft Outlook Group Sync

Post by cqi »

Hello:

I need some answers to the following questions. Ian or Ben...can you assist here? I have a customer trying to use the ME Sync tool 1.23 and we were having issues syncing all of his contacts to his me account. He has used prior versions of the product and have reinstalled newer version on top of the old ones. So, I cleaned up his installations and resintalled the newest version. I have successfully figured out how to delete his tracking contacts file and reset the sync so it creates a new file and sync all his contacts to ME. However, there were some side effects.

1. Distribution lists transferred from Outlook 2007 to ME fine but the Groups and Contact status number on the bottom left status bar did not update with any number (they were both blank...just showed the icon only)

2. I got a strange popup in a separate browser window listing all his group names in a single row with no spaces

Question: Are these known bugs? I'm running 5.11 Enterprise.

Question: Should distribution lists in Outlook 2007 transfer to webmail just fine via Outlook Sync and work in IE9 browser?

To attempt to correct the broswer problem, I tried deleting all the groups from the ME Contacts list and then synced again. After that, all his groups were removed from Outlook which I didn't want to happen. So, obviously. My sync is two way.

Question: How do I set his sync option to be one way from client to server? The enterprice doc mentions you can do this but the sync tool does not have a choice to change it.

Tks.
Mark