[SOLVED] MailEnable 6.58 Update damaged WebMail Installation

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
sb1165

[SOLVED] MailEnable 6.58 Update damaged WebMail Installation

Post by sb1165 »

Hi,

as I wrote a few day ago in the "MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - Contact Details" thread, the update from 6.56 to 6.58 damaged the "web parts" of MailEnable (Web Mail, Web Admin, Mobile).
With a lot of inquires in the web a found information about the 404.17 error, that occured. The handler bindings to the .NET Framework 4.x were all deleted?!
I've added this manually (32/64bit) and now WebMail etc. is available again.
So far it seems in the moment, nearly everything's working, except writing mail.

With the composing of a new mail, the following text appears in the box, were the content of the mail will be written - without the possibility to write a mail:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FreeTextBox has not been correctly installed. To install FreeTextBox either:
(1) add a reference to FtbWebResource.axd in web.config:
<system.web>
<httpHandlers>
<add verb="GET"
path="FtbWebResource.axd"
type="FreeTextBoxControls.AssemblyResourceHandler, FreeTextBox" />
</httpHandlers>
</system.web>

(2) Save the FreeTextBox image and javascript files to a location on your website and set up FreeTextBox as follows
<FTB:FreeTextBox id="FreeTextBox1" SupportFolder="ftbfileslocation" JavaScriptLocation="ExternalFile" ButtonImagesLocation="ExternalFile" ToolbarImagesLocation="ExternalFile" ButtonImagesLocation="ExternalFile" runat="server" />
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also all buttons are no longer visible (for formatting text etc.).
I've checked the web.config, and found everything as it should be in the httpHandlers section (1).
How to proceed with (2)?

I've updated my MailEnable Installation with 6.58 since Andrew from MailEnable wrote in my other thread, that this version supports multiple addresses.
With my EAS and MAPI tests I saw, that EAS supports multiple addresses but not the MAPI client for Outlook.
I'm using version 1.44 of the MAPI client, that was made available by Andrew a few weeks ago with a link here in the forum. In the download section there's only 1.43 available.
Which version of the MAPI clients supports the actual feature of multiple addresses? 1.44 does not.
Also WebMail (MailEnable 6.58) supports only two email addresses, and one location...

Any help or ideas would be great...

Regards
Christian

sb1165

Re: MailEnable 6.58 Update damaged WebMail Installation

Post by sb1165 »

Addition to my posting:

I've made an update installation this morning, to see whether "the damaged parts" will be repaired.
After the installation WebMail, Web Admin etc. didn't work with error 404.17 again.
Checked the IIS settings and saw that the handler binding for .NET Framework 4.x was deleted by the installer.
The site still has a handler binding to .NET Framework 4.x.
Created the.NET 4 binding manually again, WebMail works, except writing mail, as mentioned in my last posting.

Christian

sb1165

Post by sb1165 »

2nd addition:

Just saw that 6.59 is available - installed.
Same effects as before :-(

Since the installer deletes .NET Framework 4 handler binding again and again; is it really required? And what is the correct configuration?

sb1165

Post by sb1165 »

In the meantime I solved the problem partially myself...

- installed .NET Framework 4.x handler binding manually were necessary.
- clicked the binding for .NET 4.x with right mouse button and selected "reset to parent"
- WebMail and Web Admin works fine :-)

- Mobile Mail still doesn't work, since it generates a message when I try to open handler binding in IIS: "system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler" is defined twice...

And there is still the issue with available contact details:
With my EAS and MAPI tests I saw, that EAS supports multiple addresses but not the MAPI client for Outlook.
I'm using version 1.44 of the MAPI client, that was made available by Andrew a few weeks ago with a link here in the forum. In the download section there's only 1.43 available.
Which version of the MAPI clients supports the actual feature of multiple addresses? It seems that 1.44 does not.
Also WebMail (MailEnable 6.59) supports only two email addresses, and one location...

regards
Christian

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

Try the following to fix FreeTextBox,

Verify that a folder named "FreeTextBox" is in the following directories.

ME\bin\NETWebMail
ME\bin\NETWebMail\Mondo\Skins\Mondo\Editor
ME\bin\NETWebMail\Mondo\Skins\Oceano\Editor
(any custom skin folder as well)

Also verify that the "FreetextBox.dll" & "FreetextBox.lic" is in the following location:
ME\bin\NETWebMail\bin

If it's missing from one of these folders just create an empty folder with the name "FreeTextBox" and restart the IIS APPPool and your ME webmail service

jgrant07

Post by jgrant07 »

Hello
I too am experiencing this issue after upgrading to 6.59 from version 3 (can't remember the exact build however).

I have tried everything in this thread with no luck; is there anything else I can try to fix the issue with the freetextbox errors?

Thanks

jgrant07

Post by jgrant07 »

Support guided me to the below that has to do with the Helicon ISAPI_Rewrite: this fixed the problem for me; hoping it will help others:

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020565

rfwilliams777

Re: [SOLVED] MailEnable 6.58 Update damaged WebMail Installa

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] MailEnable 6.58 Update damaged WebMail Installa

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi rfwilliams777,

Thanks for providing the link but the fix was the article below as the user had submitted a support ticket:

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020565
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support