Messages with an apostrophe in the subject line are blank

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
britishnaturism

Messages with an apostrophe in the subject line are blank

Post by britishnaturism »

I am using 7.0.4 and have what I think is a recurrence of an old issue. If an email has an apostrophe in the subject line and you try and open it or reply to it in webmail using a new window then the body of the email is blank and the reply/forward buttons don't work.

Confirmed on several accounts and browsers.
http://www.bn.org.uk

rfwilliams777

Re: Messages with an apostrophe in the subject line are blan

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I have the same issue (using 7.05). You can only open the attachments via the message list, but not from the e-mail. ME told me it is a known issue and they are working on a fix.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

britishnaturism

Can someone from MailEnable offer some comment on this please.

Is it a bug? Are you fixing it? Is there something I can do to resolve it?

Thank you

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I fixed it by a recommendation but it broke something else. I am awaiting a true fix to things.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

britishnaturism

There doesn't seem a lot of point ME providing a support forum if they don't even bother to monitor it and provide support. Very poor indeed.

britishnaturism

Some user feedback for you...
There must have been some changes to the MailEnable system software (I recall seeing some tech notes on such recently).
In recent weeks emails are received but appear to have no content. I have already appraised you of problems and I think you have registered a bug complaint.
At the present time emails normally do not Open.
Clicking on the Checkbox, nor the Envelope will open the mail in a new panel nor the lower panel.
Right Clicking on the Checkbox, or the Envelope, or the 'Message' and selecting Open on the dropdown will not open the mail in a new panel nor in the lower panel
Only single clicking the 'Message' will open the message, but then only in the lower panel.

This actually does work but is a little difficult to work with, as the panel is quite small on the laptop and content has to be scrolled up & down as I work with material.

I expect that you're more aware of the tech troubles than me.
The MailEnable system used to work properly so the changes must be at the server end.

For good measure I've found the same rsults on IE8, Firefox and Chrome on PCs/laptops running XPproSp3, on Nexus 7 and Blackberry Playbook.

They don't make it easy

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

I have 7.05 and I can see emails with apostrophe in the subject line just fine. I do however have another issue, when people are sending from Apple mail client the content is invisible until you reply or forward their email when the formatting is removed. This issue is only apparent on the webmail. It appears just fine from any email client, outlook, apple mail, mobile etc...

If you view the source from webmail here is the breakdown

<body style="word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">
email text is invisible
<div>
<br>
<div>
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium;">
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium;">
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium;">
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">
<div>Signature is visable</div>

DaRocker22

Post by DaRocker22 »

We also have been getting alot of complaints about this. If can only view the e-mail using the preview message pane, if you try to open up the e-mail you get nothing, and your unable to reply click the reply, reply all, forward.

DaRocker22

Post by DaRocker22 »

Any word on when this will be fixed. Seems really silly people can't use an apostrophe in their subject or it will brake their webmail viewing capabilities.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Any word on when this will be fixed. Seems really silly people can't use an apostrophe in their subject or it will brake their webmail viewing capabilities.
Are you running 7.07?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support