Smtp Queue Flooded

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Kostas1982

Smtp Queue Flooded

Post by Kostas1982 »

Hello,
We have Mailenable Enterprise 6 installed and I had noticed that emails were not delivered and after I checked the logs I saw that 2 mailboxes were authenticating constanty sending emails. I changed the password and I downloaded the mailenable tool for clearing the queue. First I tried deleting messages without stopping the smtp service, and the utility after finished running found (some hundred thousands) emails that were purged but still nothing. I left the utility for checking the smtp queue running after but didnt get any results. So I tried deeting messages (with various keywords like the names of the mailboxes that were authenticating, yahoo, hotmail, gmail) I was still getting a message that thousands of messages were purged ( 200.000, 300.000) but still emails are not delivered and I cant check the smtp queue.
Any ideas or help what to do??

Thank you

Ehenzel1978

Re: Smtp Queue Flooded

Post by Ehenzel1978 »

Stop the SMTP queue. Go into the SMTP properties and make sure, under relay, that allow relay for local users only is checked. You'll then have to go to the folder physically on the drive in your explorer and purge the queue manually. Once the queue is empty, restart the queue and keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't fill back up real quick.
Eric Henzel
IT Department
Leather Italia USA

Kostas1982

Re: Smtp Queue Flooded

Post by Kostas1982 »

Thank you for your reply first. I ll check for that but when I tried to go to the folder where the messages are stored it went searching for hours and even then ( I restarted the server after 5 hours) didnt show me the files.